TIPS FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS THAT ARE STRESS FREE AND LOTS OF FUN..FOR YOU!
With the winter and celebration season upon us, it can be the most wonderful time of the year, or it can cause stress and anxiety.
Whether it’s making meals for several small family dinners, or dressing up your home like a winter wonderland, this time of year can wear you out!
However, despite the demands, there are several ways you can minimize stress during this challenging time of the year. Consider these tips to keep stressors at bay:
- Organize strategically by setting a budget, making lists, and safely shopping in stores. Keep in mind that this is a great opportunity to look online!
- Invest in yourself. The more you have to manage on your to-do list, the more important it is to take time for self-care so you can approach your tasks with presence and positivity. Give yourself a “break” by dedicating time to your favorite activity or treating yourself to an at-home spa day.
- Choose quality over quantity. Keeping up with traditions and planning safe activities are fun, but can become overwhelming. We can also go overboard while trying to make everything perfect. Remember that spending quality time with loved ones is most important, so don’t stress if you don’t get everything done!
- Know your limits. If you are overwhelmed with extra chores or tasks month, pull in others to help. Prioritize which items need your attention first and if certain tasks can wait, place them on the back burner and revisit them when the hustle and bustle begins to settle.
- Take a mindful break. If you’re feeling symptoms of stress or anxiety, or if you want to set the stage for an optimal day, stop and take a quick relaxation break. Try a breathing exercise or take a quick walk to calm and center yourself.
Try the tips above – don’t let the gatherings overwhelm you. Instead, identify your triggers and address them in advance to thrive and don’t forget to have FUN!!!
Ask me, your independent OPTAVIA Coach, about other ways to destress during special occasions!
Adapted from the Healthy Habits Newsletter, Dec 2020 Week 1