Being mindful is an essential part of your journey to optimal health and wellbeing. Mindfulness is about more than simply thinking positively and being in a proper headspace. Incorporating mindful behaviors into your daily routine will help you make choices that lead you to success on your journey to lifelong transformation.
To elevate your health and wellness experiences, try practicing some of these mindful habits:
Journal. Each day, reflect on a moment when you felt a craving and how you handled it, or try writing about an accomplishment. Remember, you don’t have to write the next best-seller; one sentence is all it takes! Incorporating this habit into your daily routine will provide you with a valuable record of your thoughts and feelings during your journey. Your LifeBook is a great place to start journaling!
- Plan ahead. Spending some time thinking of situations that are challenging for you is an important form of mindfulness. After doing this exercise, plan your replies to these instances ahead of time, so that you are ready when they pop up.
- Meditate. Spend a couple of minutes to stop and be conscious of your breathing. Doing this will help clear your mind, so that you can think more soundly.
- Think as you eat. Try to practice mindfulness as you eat your Fuelings, taking at least 15 minutes to slowly and thoughtfully consume your meal. To help slow down your eating, try cutting bars into small pieces and eating one bite at a time. As you’re enjoying your food, be sure to reflect on the changes you’re experiencing and how they make you feel.
- Talk to me, your Coach. I am here to offer you support on your journey to optimal health. Remember that I have been in your shoes, so I can help steer you to success!
Ask me, your Independent OPTAVIA Coach, for more ways to practice mindful behaviors on your journey to Lifelong Transformation, One Healthy Habit at a Time.
Come on….walk through that door.
Reprinted from the 3/8 HOH NEWSLETTER
MAKE ‘HEART HEALTH’ A PRIORITY!
Now, more than ever, it is important to take time to focus on a critical element of our wellbeing that is often overlooked: our heart health.
A healthy heart is a key component of your journey to optimal health and wellbeing. Here are some actions you can take to boost your heart health and set the course for a great new year:
- Light exercise. It is essential for your heart health to do some light exercise each day. Try taking a 10-minute walk around your neighborhood or lifting some two-pound weights a few times throughout your day. Practicing this Healthy Motion will help your heart pump blood throughout your body more efficiently, allowing your heart to keep your blood pressure under control.
- Eat veggies. Vegetables contain many nutrients, particularly fiber, that are key to heart function. The nutrients help improve blood vessel function and blood circulation, which can help lower cholesterol and regulate blood pressure levels.
- Go fish. On your next trip to the grocery store, go for fish instead of red meat. Fish is often rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help reduce inflammation, blood clots, and irregular heartbeats. Try eating a fish full of these fatty acids 1-2 times a week in your lean and green meal to boost your heart health and function.
- Practice deep breathing. Take a few minutes each day to practice deep breathing. Sit or lie flat in a comfortable position, inhale through your nose, and exhale through your mouth. Completing this exercise will relax your body, slow your heart rate, and ease any anxiety you might be carrying. This stress-reducing activity can help lower your blood pressure.
Ask me, your Independent OPTAVIA Coach, about other ways to keep your heart happy and healthy.
REPRINTED FROM HOH NEWSLETTER