As the humidity of summer makes its exit and the crisp autumn air moves in, now is the perfect time of year to get outside to exercise the micro habit of healthy motion.
Take these next few months as an opportunity to enjoy these cooler weather activities while also spending time with loved ones:
- Pumpkin picking. Get your daily steps in by visiting a local pumpkin patch or to find the perfect pumpkin to incorporate into a myriad of healthy snack recipes for your family to enjoy during October.
- Go for a hike. This is the perfect time of year to get outside for a scenic hike. Pick a local trail or find a hike in a nearby park, and admire the changing leaves and colorful trails. Invite friends to join and make an afternoon of it by enjoying a healthy picnic at the end of your trek.
- Visit a corn maze. It wouldn’t be Fall without visiting a corn maze! Explore the maze by tapping into enhanced problem-solving abilities while also putting your memory to the test.
- Rake leaves. It may not be the most fun activity, but you can cross this seasonal chore off your to-do list while practicing NEAT. Involve your family or young ones and have a contest to see who can gather the most leaves in a designated timeframe. Don’t forget to jump into your pile at the end!
- Go horseback riding. For a light workout and to help strengthen your leg muscles, try horseback riding! Whether it’s your first time or you’re a pro, this is a great activity to try this fall.
Ask me, your OPTAVIA Coach, about other healthy fall activities to enjoy on your journey to Lifelong Transformation, One Healthy Habit at a Time®.