|Independence from unhealthy habits IS something to celebrate! So wherever you are, whomever you are with, and whatever is on the day’s menu, here’s the good news: you can celebrate on Plan easily!
Below are some strategies to keep you on track:
- Routine is keen. On the day of the party, you might make a few alterations to your meal schedule, like moving your Lean & Green to lunchtime for an afternoon event, or splitting it in half for two events. Remember to stick with your schedule.
- Bring something. Showing up with a platter of veggies or a tray of chicken or vegetable kabobs will ensure that you have plenty of on-Plan foods to keep you safe and satisfied.
- Walk the walk. Talk the talk. Parties are not really about the food; they’re about the friends. Find someone whose company you enjoy, and talk or, even better, walk. Moving away from the buffet and ditchin’ the kitchen are a must.
- Eat mindfully. Stay in the present moment. What does your body really need? If it is nourishment you seek, be sure to eat slowly, savoring every bite.
- Choose smaller portions. When choosing a larger plate, don’t feel obligated to fill it. Instead, pack on low-calorie vegetables, so you don’t consume extra calories.
- Drink water. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the event and avoid alcohol.
- Dance! It’s a party – enjoy yourself! Celebrate with your family and friends. Burn calories on the dance floor, and take your mind off eating!
- ENJOY YOUR PACK….AND stay on track!
Ask me, your OPTAVIA Coach, for other tips to do that while on your journey towards Lifelong Transformation, One Healthy Habit at a Time.®. Reprinted from OPTAVIA Newsletter 5, 6/20
JOIN US TOMORROW NIGHT IF THE SUPPORT YOU WANT OR NEED IS IMPORTANT TO YOU!