CELEBRATING special occasions is officially upon us! While it’s usually a wonderful time of the year, it can also be busy and cause unwanted stress.
Whether it’s shopping, making meals for multiple family dinners, or dressing up your home like a winter wonderland, celebrations can be taxing.
Despite the demands of this time of year, there are plenty of ways to minimize stress.
I recommend these tips to ensure you stay on course:
- Invest in yourself. The more you have to manage on your to-do list, the more important it is to take time for self-care so you can approach your tasks with presence and positivity. Give yourself an early present by dedicating time to your favorite activity or treating yourself to an at-home spa day.
- Plan your shopping. Organize your shopping strategically by setting a budget and writing a list. With your list and budget set, hit the stores or opt for online shopping. It’s important to get shopping done early to avoid empty shelves or shipping delays, so get started as soon as possible.
- Choose quality over quantity. Keeping up with family traditions and planning activities are fun, but we can go overboard while trying to make everything perfect. Remember that spending quality time with loved ones is most important.
- Know your limits. Don’t be afraid to pull in others to help! Prioritize the items that need your attention first and if certain tasks can wait, revisit them when the hustle and bustle settles.
- Take a mindful break. If you want to set the stage for an optimal day, stop and take a quick relaxation break. For example, try a breathing exercise or take a quick walk to calm and center yourself.
- Thanks, Dr. A!
Remember, CELEBRATIONS are all about relaxing and spending extra time with your loved ones. Ask me, your independent OPTAVIA Coach, about other tips to follow to ensure we are making calm and happy memories! They won’t remember all you cooked, but they will remember how warm and welcomed you made them feel!