Nighty Night….Sleep Tight???
Element 19 – Your LifeBook
In Element 19, we’ll focus on optimizing your sleep and energy management. Just like a healthy diet and exercise, sleep plays a vital role in physical health, brain function, and emotional wellbeing. It’s essential to be optimally charged every morning to have the drive to power through your day. Here are some ways you can optimize your sleep and manage your energy throughout the day:
- Determine your bedtime. Decide what time you need to wake up and immediately get out of bed and then count back eight (or more!) hours. This is the time you should be in bed and ready to go to sleep. Sticking to the same sleep schedule helps the body find its natural rhythm and settle into a regular cycle, making it easier to fall asleep and wake up.
- Have an evening ritual. You should begin your evening ritual about one hour prior to bedtime. This is called the “twilight hour.” Ensure that all chores or work are wrapped up, and all family matters are resolved before your twilight hour. Then focus on winding down with relaxing activities such as taking a hot bath or journaling about your day in Your LifeBook.
- Create an optimal sleep environment. Your bedroom should be dark, quiet, and a moderate temperature. Try blackout curtains to block out light from the street and sun in the morning and use white noise to mask ambient noises and other external sounds.
- Have a morning ritual. Similar to your evening ritual, having a morning routine can start your morning off right. After eight solid hours of sleep, your body and mind will be prepared for an optimal day. Some things you may include in your morning ritual are a heal breakfast, a morning walk, or a meditation session.
- Restore your energy during the day. There are several methods to help restore your energy levels if you’re feeling tired during the day. Try deep breathing, stretching, listening to music, or engaging in a lively conversation with a colleague or friend to boost your alertness.
If you haven’t already watched our transformative video series, featuring Your LifeBook – Elements 01-26, published recently on CLIENT ANSWERS, we invite you to engage and take a deeper dive into each element. These videos, Your LifeBook, and me, your Coach, can give you the tools to empower yourself and move forward in creating optimal health and wellbeing. Check them out!